Friday, April 14, 2006

Automatic Fx Updates

Firefox is flipping hot! Telling me why I'm sitting here right, not even using firefox (of course its open), and I get a new pop-up that tells me "Firefox has finished downloading an updated new version: 1.5.02" and that it wants to know if it should restart.

That's just awesome. I had read about the update already but I was sure it was gonna erase my browser history from SessionSaver, losing everything that I was looking at, and I wasn't ready for that yet. Lucky me that Firefox has taken care of all of that already. All I had to do was click restart! Fx ran its lil compatibility manager upon reopening, updated my extensions, and I was right back where I left off. Thumbs up to mozilla for that one.

btw, I'm still waiting on v2.0 to come out so Fx can stop eating up my memory and clock speed the way it has been in recent months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home